2019-12-16 One of the partners of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was honored at the Lithuanian National Gallery - the director of the Polish Institute in Vilnius, the first adviser of the Embassy of the Republic of Poland in the Republic of Lithuania, Mr. Marcin Łapczyński.
Taking into account the strategically significant political, cultural, and historical partnership between Lithuania and Poland and the active cooperation of the Polish Institute in Vilnius with the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, Mr. M. Łapczyński was awarded the title of Honorary Member of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, according to the Decree # 2019-03.
2019-12-07 At the third meeting of the Senate of the Royal Union of Lithuanian Nobility:
- the motifs and the statement of the Vilnius Region Nobility Union regarding the revision and amendment of the statutes of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was considered; it was proposed to prepare a comparative text;
- the 2020 financing policy of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was approved;
- A working group has been formed (Linijus Baškys, Chairman of the LBKS Legitimation Council, Chancellor Rimantas Stukas, Senator Gražina Sakalauskienė, Senator / Treasurer Laima Bartkienė), which group must, by January 31, 2020, prepare and submit to the Senate the amount of the legitimation fee, the procedure of payment and distribution of the proceeds;
- it was decided to refrain from the decision to participate in the activities of the NOCC, to resolve the issue of participation in the future;
- the issue of preparation of regulations and provisions in accordance with the Articles of Association of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was discussed; persons responsible for the preparation of draft documents by February 29, 2020 were appointed;
- it was decided to oblige the senator (architect) of the Union Jurgis Kameneckas to prepare the drafts of the Legitimation Act of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility and submit them to the senators for consideration and approval by March 15, 2020;
- it was decided to publish the magazine "Lietuvos bajoras" ("The Lithuanian Nobleman") in 500 copies in 2020;
- it was decided to hold the next meeting of the Senate in Tauragė.
2019-11-29 An agreement was signed in Olsztyn (Poland) for the construction of a monumental stone with the Lithuanian Vytis in Grunwald, where the 610th anniversary of the Battle of Grunwald will be commemorated in July 2020.
The agreement was signed by the initiators and organizers of the project: Perlis Vaisieta, Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, Col. Romas Žibas, the Leader of the Officer Club of the Vilnius Garrison of the Lithuanian Army, and Capt. Bronius Zaronskis, President of the Reserve Soldiers Association of the Lithuanian Armed Forces, as well as the project partners - the Ambassador of the Republic of Lithuania to the Republic of Poland Eduardas Borisovas and the Director of the Grunwald Museum Dr. Szymon Drej. The celebrations of the unveiling of the monument, which are expected to be attended by the top leaders of Lithuania and Poland, are scheduled for July 18, 2020.
2019-11-28 A cooperation agreement was signed in Vilnius between the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility and the National M. K. Čiurlionis School of Arts in order to foster professional music and art culture, protect and popularize the cultural heritage and traditions of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The agreement was signed by LRUN Headman Perlis Vaisieta and the Principal of the M.K. Čiurlionis School of Arts Romualdas Kondrotas.
Cooperation between the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility and Vilnius City Municipality was discussed. On November 28, 2019, an official meeting of the leadership of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility took place in Vilnius with the Mayor of Vilnius City Municipality Remigijus Šimašius and the Deputy Director of the Administration Rita Balčiūnienė. The Union was represented by its Headman Perlis Vaisieta and Chancellor Rimantas Stukas. During the meeting, the activities of the Union, the main directions of activities and the most important planned events were presented. Possible wider cooperation between the Union and Vilnius City Municipality was discussed.
2019-11-22 The Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility participated in the funeral ceremony of the leaders of the 1863-1864 rebellion. On that occasion, the LRUN leadership initiated the creation of heraldic flags of the rebel leaders Konstantinas Kalinauskas (Kalinowa coat of arms) and Zigmantas Sierakauskas (Dolęga coat of arms).
The Chancellery of the Republic of Lithuania, having appreciated the active work and and involvement of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility in fostering historical memory, invited LBKS Management---LRUN Headman Perlis Vaisietas, LRUN Senate Marshal and Head of the Kaunas Region Nobility Union Stasys Knystautas, and LRUN Vice-Headwoman for Culture and the Leader of the Vilnius Region Nobility Union Elona Varanauskienė. More about it
2019-11-13 The Grand Duchy of Lithuania---all roads lead to Vilnius!
The first edition of a series of annual events, called "The Grand Duchy of Lithuania---all roads lead to Vilnius!" Took place at the Palace of the Rulers of The Grand Duchy of Lithuania at an evening dedicated to the upcoming 700-year anniversary of the city of Vilnius, which we will be commemorating in 2023. This year's program is "GDL - in music, poetry, songs".
The international annual project was initiated and organized by the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility together with the Palace of the Rulers of The Grand Duchy of Lithuania. The partners of the idea are the Polish Institute in Vilnius, the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus, the Embassy of Ukraine, the Ministries of National Defense and Foreign Affairs, the Lithuanian Armed Forces, Vilnius City Municipality.
The following officials were special guests: Ambassador Šarūnas Adomavičius, Ambassador of the Republic of Belarus Valery Baranovsky, Cultural Adviser of the Embassy of the Republic of Belarus Irina Zubko, Director of the Polish Institute in Vilnius Marcin Łapczyński, Secretary of the Embassy of Ukraine Dmitro Serov, Chief Counselor of the Lithuanian Armed Forces Danguolė Bičkauskienė, Director of the Operations Department of the Minisry of Defense Salvina Taukinaitienė, members of the Seimas and the diplomatic corps of the Republic of Lithuania, members of the Vilnius Rotary Club, the NOCC and other public organizations, guests and citizens of Vilnius.
The Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility plans to hold the second edition of the event "The Grand Duchy of Lithuania---All Roads Lead to Vilnius!" on November 11, 2020 at the Palace of the Rulers of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. This is an event dedicated to the retrospective of the history of Lithuania, Belarus, Poland and Ukraine in the context of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
A short Youtube video from this event
2019-10-21 The Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility congratulates Mr. Stanley Balzekas, Jr., a new member of LRUN, a prominent member of the Lithuanian diaspora in the United States, a promoter and preserver of the Lithuanian culture and history, and a businessman, on the occasion of his 95th birthday.
On June 6, 2019, Mr. Stanley Balzekas, Jr. was legitimized as a representative of the Gregaravičius family, Lubicz Coat of Arms.
2019-10-08 The Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility, Perlis Vaisieta, announced his appeal to the Lithuanians of the World regarding the future of the Homeland, closer interconnection, preservation and nurturing of national and historical values, and support for ongoing projects commemorating and perpetuating the history of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania.
The text of this appeal in Lithuanian and English.
2019-09-28 At the second meeting of the Senate, the following transpired:
- topical issues of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility were discussed;
- the operating procedures (Statute) of the Senate were approved;
- the financing procedure previously in force in the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was approved for year 2019;
- it was decided to continue publishing the magazine "Lietuvos bajoras" ("The Lithuanian Nobleman");
- a circulation of 500 copies was established, with the following distribution: Vilnius region - 220 copies, Kaunas region - 100 copies, Šiauliai region - 100 copies, Klaipėda region - 40 copies, Tauragė region - 40 copies;
- it was decided to print Volume II of the encyclopedia "Nobles of Lithuania". The leaders of LRUN regions and persons authorized in the regions are responsible for organizing the submission of materials and photos;
- proposals on the 2019-2020 activities of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility were presented by LRUN Headman P. Vaisieta, as well as senators of Kaunas, Vilnius, Šiauliai, Tauragė, Klaipėda regions;
- it was decided to issue an appeal to all Lithuanians around the world regarding the future of the Homeland, closer mutual relations, preservation and fostering of national-historical values, support for ongoing projects commemorating and perpetuating the history of the Grand Duchy of Lithuania. LRUN Headman Perlis Vaisieta and Senator Dalia Teišerskytė are obliged to prepare and send the address text to the Lithuanians around the world.
2019-09-20 to 2019-09-30
A group of members of LRUN took part in a thematic tour of Italy "In the Footsteps of Queen Bona Sforza d’Aragona."
2019-07-07 On the occasion of King Mindaugas' coronation day, the inauguration of the elected Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobles, Perlis Vaisieta, and the ceremony of awarding acts of nobility recognition took place in the Vilnius Archcathedral Basilica and the Palace of the Rulers. Holy Mass was conducted for the living and dead nobles of all Lithuania. The Čiurlionis String Quartet played in the festive concert.
2019-06-09 The following transpired at the meeting of the Seimas:
- a cooperation agreement was signed with the Šiauliai Region Nobility Union;
- Perlis Vaisieta was unanimously elected and confirmed as the Headman of the Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility;
- the oath text was approved;
- senators from the LRUN regions were elected;
- the Commissions of the Audit, Court of Honor, Legitimization Council were elected;
- Stasys Knystautas was confirmed as the Marshal of the Senate, Dalia Teišerskytė - Chairman of the Court of Honor, Linijus Baškys - Chairman of the Legitimization Council;
- Vice-Headmen and Vice-Headwomen were appointed: Elona Varanauskienė - for matters of culture, Dominykas Bartkus - for organizational matters, Edita Dargevičiūtė - for youth, Lina Keršytė - for legal affairs, Dalia Martusevičiūtė - for European Union countries, Robert Savickas - for North and South America, Ilona Sapinska - Honorary Ambassador to Poland;
- Rimantas Stukas was appointed Chancellor, Vidmantas Kažukauskas was appointed Chief Flag Officer, Laima Bartkienė was appointed Treasurer;
- 31 legitimized members were approved (four of them - based to the second family): Vilnius (VKBS) - 19, Kaunas (LBKKS) - 5, Šiauliai (ŠKBS) - 7.
The first sitting of the Senate was held after the Seimas.
Fotografavo Jurgis Pleskačiauskas
2019 June 5th The association Lithuanian Royal Union of Nobility was registered in the State Enterprise Centre of Registers in Vilnius.
Address - Konstitucijos pr. 14, Vilnius, under code JAR - 305181447
The text translated by Robert Savickas, Vice-Headmen for North and South America